All Moduline controllers can be programmed with MATLAB Simulink® . MATLAB Simulink® is a powerful, widely known graphical programming environment which enables the user to program their control algorithms with the help of blocks. MATLAB Simulink® comes with a wide variety of standard blocks for most common interfaces and functions. GOcontroll developed a custom blockset to interface the optional plugin modules and the on-board features. Without the knowledge of code based programming, users are able to build, customize, monitor and maintain their control algorithms.
To transform development of complex systems, market-leading companies adopt Model-Based Design by systematically using models throughout the entire process.
- Use a virtual model to simulate and test your system early and often
- Validate your design with physical models, Hardware-in-the-Loop testing, and rapid prototyping
- Generate production-quality C and deploy directly to your embedded system
- Maintain a digital thread with traceability through requirements, system architecture, component design, code and tests
- Extend models to systems in operation to perform predictive maintenance and fault analysis
Code can be generated from within MATLAB Simulink® and directly uploaded to the controller. The compiled MATLAB Simulink® model can be uploaded to the controller in three ways. First of all, models can be directly uploaded during the build process from within MATLAB Simulink® . Node-RED also provides the ability to upload compiled software models with the GOcontroll settings node. Lastly the model can be directly placed into the right folder with a SFTP client like FileZilla.