GOcontroll started in 2011 because the need of custom electronics during several development processes. For prototyping there is a lot available for building custom electronics. Schematics, microcontrollers, devices, wires, breadboards and so on. It always ended up in days, weeks, months selecting parts, program everything together and.. searching for electrical problems.
Building custom electronics whit these parts looks interesting but there are many pitfalls:
- Different (needed) hats/shields share the same microcontroller pins.
- Some parts require soldering or breadboards to wire them up.
- Not all electronics are resistant against harsh (electronics) environments.
- Some parts need specific software libraries to run.
- Transition from desktop prototyping to field testing requires robustness, not open breadboards.
The Moduline provides a flexible, easy to program and robust platform that can be used for desktop prototyping and for use in field.