If the minimal connection requirements are meet, the controller can be started. If the controller is started, a physical connection can be established in two ways which are described here.
After making a physical connection with the controller, the user can login to the controller using Node-RED or the Linux command line interface (CLI). For low-level configurations, the CLI is used most of the time. For common configurations, GOcontroll made a settings node for Node-RED in which basic settings are covered.
- It is important that at least connector C is connected to a power supply (ground, K30 (battery) and a K15 (activate pin)).
- The WLAN antenna needs to be present on the controller.
- A laptop or PC with Wi-Fi capabilities (if WLAN is used to connect with the controller)
- A wired network with DHCP enabled router (if wired ethernet is used to connect with the controller)
- An installed web browser if Node-RED is used to login (Chrome preferred)
- A terminal program (eg. PuTTY) to connect to the controller using SSH when using the CLI